Qlik Introduces Developer Platform for Data Visualization and Analysis
Bangalore, India – May 05, 2015 – Qlik® (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in visual analytics, introduced a modern analytics platform to support the development and creation of custom and guided analytics applications, including web mash-ups. The Qlik® Analytics Platform is designed specifically for developers to build data-driven apps to power and differentiate their organization with the underlying performance of Qlik. The Qlik Analytics Platform can be used to extend the reach of business intelligence (BI) strategies to partners and customers via their extranet and internet sites, fostering greater collaboration and interaction through data.
The Qlik Analytics Platform delivers full access to the next-generation QIX Associative Data Indexing Engine that enables users to explore relationships across multiple data sources that would be hidden in hierarchical, query-based data models. The QIX engine leverages an in-memory columnar store delivering high-performance data compression and indexing, which enables more free-form exploration of the data without having to pre-determine the types of questions users may have. The result is not just faster time to create apps, but faster time for users to gain answers and insights.
The Qlik Analytics Platform consists of:
· The QIX Associative Data Indexing Engine;
· A library of modern mobile-ready Qlik® Sense visualizations
· Open and documented APIs, including mashup and extension APIs;
· Direct API access to QIX engine;
· APIs for backend management, governance and security; and
· An application toolkit to create a data model, build expressions and leverage the Qlik charting engine.
“Although the visualizations supported by the Qlik Analytics Platform are intuitive, designed for mobile, and ‘smart’, in that they are always context-aware, the real secret sauce is indeed the QIX engine,” said Anthony Deighton, Qlik CTO and SVP of Products. “Developers can build apps that point to existing data sources and/or data warehouses, or just load the data into QIX and take full advantage of the powerful indexing technology that will differentiate their apps from others. In fact, we built Qlik Sense using the same platform and APIs we are now making available to developers worldwide.”“Tagetik provides a cloud-based corporate performance management solution that helps CFOs plan, report, and disclose in less time with more confidence and reduced risk,” said Manuel Vellutini, co-CEO, Tagetik - a Qlik OEM Partner. “With the new Qlik Analytics Platform we were able to quickly embed Qlik’s world-class analytics and self-service visualization directly into our Tagetik Analytics solution. The partnership provides a great opportunity for Tagetik customers and Qlik customers to expand the value of their investments in our companies’ products.”
Developers are also leveraging the open APIs to extend the platform, creating a larger ecosystem around Qlik technology, including solutions that are showcased at Qlik Branch. Part of the open source movement, Qlik Branch fosters collaboration and innovation by providing open access to how enterprises interact with and extend Qlik Sense to create web sites, visualizations, applications, and more. Because all projects are shared under open source licensing, not only can users create, post and collaborate on projects, but they can also find solutions and download extensions with complete source code for free. The Qlik Developer Relations team participates to support the sharing and exchange of ideas.
Qlik Analytics Platform is part of the Qlik portfolio of visual analytics offerings, which includes:
· Qlik® Analytics Platform: Specifically designed to make it easier for developers to build any data-driven app they can imagine with the underlying performance of Qlik. OEMs and developers can build on the powerful QIX in-memory Associative Indexing Engine, with full capabilities of mashup and extension APIs. With this platform they are not confined to the specific visualization limitations of a tool vendor, but can use this as a toolkit and open platform for whatever they choose to build.
· Qlik® Sense Desktop: Free version of the Qlik next-generation data visualization application that delivers an intuitive drag-and-drop user experience for data visualization, exploration, and storytelling capabilities in a standalone, installed Windows client. Novice users can get started by simply dragging an Excel document right into the app or by tapping into multiple data sources used within the business. Qlik Sense Desktop is free for personal and business use, with no limits on the number of apps that can be created and no restrictions on file sharing.